Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blowing away....



....Well, the wind is certainly kicking up around here, but the sun is out. Nancy is soaking the rays up today, she loves sleeping in the warm sun. I just love this dog, but she is a bit on the ahem.....large size. She is on a diet and is starting an exercise program. Today she trotted all the way to the mailbox and back! She uses the grass on either side of the sidewalk as bumpers to keep her from falling in the street. I am so proud of her that I almost gave her a kibble. Isn't she the cutest?


The other photo was taken as a "Nancy cam" taken from her perspective. Now close your eyes and imagine trying to get round without your sight.

Nancy is one of the reasons that I have been able to keep a positive outlook. If Nancy can adjust her blindness so well that she can find her way around not only her home, but my mother's home too, then I can certainly keep a postive outlook myself!


Here is to Nancy, the sweetest dog in the world!

2 comments:

Holly Denghel said...

What a great description!! I have this image of Nancy bumping her way down the sidewalk, like a bowling ball thrown by a 6-year old. What a cutie!

Mhadley said...

You're a good story teller because I too could envision the grass as bumpers for Nancy. How sweet, and a great lesson for us all.